Amazingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in America could save an average of as much as $860 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Lexus LFA insurance in Tulsa is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Our objective is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Oklahoma drivers do need to know how companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Get discounts on Tulsa insurance
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer quotes with these discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate insurers with the best Lexus LFA insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
First Step: Get free Lexus LFA insurance quotes
When shopping for Lexus LFA insurance in Tulsa there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Oklahoma. By far the easiest way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Lexus LFA Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better insurance rates. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Do you have a tough occupation? – Careers like fire fighters, business owners, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as professors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- More performance means higher prices – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Women tend to be lower risk – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Liability insurance is critical – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Can’t I compare rates from local Tulsa car insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tulsa who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
What type of Tulsa car insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for a local Tulsa insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Tulsa are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Anita Ewing –
10021 S Yale Ave #102 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-2100 – View Map
- Mark Fugett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 628-1900 – View Map
- State Farm: Ron Lockney
2828 E 91st St – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-5444 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you contact a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
- Scott Mccoy Insurance Agency, Inc.
7030 S Yale Ave Suite #109 – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 894-5551 – View Map
- Hometown Insurance Agency Inc
8282 S Memorial Dr #201 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 366-9999 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency
1207 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 794-3220 – View Map
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Lexus and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for Oklahoma auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The company information shown next may help you select which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Quote more to save more
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Lexus LFA insurance premium rates online in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tulsa car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)