The most effective way to get discount Lincoln Continental insurance in Tulsa is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Tulsa is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to shop for auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Companies offering Lincoln Continental insurance in Tulsa
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Oklahoma. To get cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Lincoln Continental Insurance Prices
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lincoln Continental by repairing your credit.
- Safer vehicles means better premiums – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most larger insurers afford better rates to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Lincoln Continental rates in Tulsa to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- More stress means more cost – Careers like doctors, social workers, and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Too many insurance claims drive up premiums – Insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How old are your drivers? – Teenage drivers in Oklahoma are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Cheaper rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Tulsa with these insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of these discounts are:
When getting free Tulsa car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in Tulsa. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Tulsa, click here to view.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Tulsa.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Tulsa who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a good Tulsa insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa who may be able to give you rate quotes.
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa willing to provide price quotes.
Jake Phillip – State Farm Insurance Agent
5113 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 743-5501 – View Map
Gail Boyce – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 747-6866 – View Map
Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Tulsa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lincoln Continental?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Tulsa is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Tulsa agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce Lincoln Continental insurance car insurance rates online in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Tulsa car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)