To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Lincoln LS insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Tulsa. This can be done by following these steps.
First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will probably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Tulsa. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Tulsa.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Tulsa who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Tulsa
When searching for a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Tulsa may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa who can help you get comparison quotes.
Gail Boyce – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 747-6866 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Tulsa, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
We just covered some good ideas how to compare Lincoln LS insurance rates in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)