Unbelievably, most drivers in Oklahoma kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save almost $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find lower-cost insurance rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional tips to prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in Oklahoma
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lincoln MKX models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are determined is important for making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Lincoln MKX insurance rates for each different age category. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKX premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKX replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Always keep your coverage in force – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
When should you file car insurance claims? – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Oklahoma generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Type of vehicle determines base premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Lincoln MKX rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
Extra coverages push up prices – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your MKX policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated MKX is just wasting money.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKX insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
With age comes lower prices – Youthful drivers in Oklahoma are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lincoln MKX statistical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Lincoln MKX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKX 4dr 2WD||77||80||67||66||81||78|
|Lincoln MKX 4dr 4WD||86||91||92||76||79||87|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Tulsa car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Good Student – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Tulsa car insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign – Some car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, early shopping, homeowner, multi-car, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, newly married, preferred payment discount, safety features, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Tulsa. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Lincoln MKX insurance quotes in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Local Tulsa insurance agents and insurance
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Tulsa.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Tulsa who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Tulsa
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Tulsa are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa willing to provide price quote information.
Jake Phillip – State Farm Insurance Agent
5113 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 743-5501 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tulsa?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
In the end, you can save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Tulsa is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Tulsa agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Lincoln MKX insurance in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links: