Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Mercury Montego insurance in Tulsa is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find discount Mercury Montego insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Tulsa. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional ideas to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tulsa. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Tulsa Montego insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Montego, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Tulsa
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Montego is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the amount you have to pay.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may include discounts for online quote, anti-theft, claim free, good student, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, newly retired, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe driver, teen driver, air bags, group or association, multiple vehicles, mature driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To view providers who offer free Mercury Montego insurance quotes in Tulsa, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Tulsa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Tulsa that provide free Tulsa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Tulsa for you
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Tulsa who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Tulsa?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
How to know if you need help
When it comes to your policy, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What is the minimum liability in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced car insurance in Tulsa is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Mercury Montego insurance in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Tulsa car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Tulsa car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Tulsa, OK? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)