It’s shocking but most insurance buyers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Oklahoma being $1,780, drivers could save approximately 35% every year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for information to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The quickest way to compare rates for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Tulsa is to realize car insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information including your job, coverage limits, whether you are single or married, and if you lease or own. Your insurance information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Tulsa, OK. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Tulsa, OK, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheaper Tulsa car insurance quotes with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better car insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Online Discount – Many car insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, good student, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and good driver.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. For a list of car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Tulsa, click here.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Tulsa
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do you have a stressful vocation? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupational choices like fire fighters, social workers, and dentists generally pay the highest rates in part from high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Driving citations can increase costs – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.