Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Saab every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Oklahoma being $1,777, drivers could save nearly 35% a year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the fact that there are so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the lowest price insurance company.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons quite often because auto insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best price on Saab 9-3 insurance in Tulsa six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Saab 9-3 insurance in Tulsa.
Finding cheaper car insurance in Tulsa is not as hard as you may think. If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Shoppers only need to know the quickest way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
The Saab 9-3 Insurance Price Equation
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
Save money by having good credit – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Saab 9-3 by repairing your credit.
Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below is based on a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Saab 9-3 rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Married people drive safer – Having a significant other actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Bundle policies to earn discounts – Some auto insurance companies give a discount to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Saab 9-3 rates in Tulsa to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Never let your auto insurance expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
Driving citations mean higher premiums – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received flagrant citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 9-3 may be costing you.
Where can I get low cost Tulsa Saab 9-3 insurance?
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Tulsa, OK. To get cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Analysis of Saab 9-3 rates
The premium information shown below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Saab 9-3 models. Having knowledge of how rates are established is important for drivers to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$384||$792||$462||$28||$138||$1,804||$150|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$384||$792||$462||$28||$138||$1,804||$150|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$384||$792||$462||$28||$138||$1,804||$150|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$912||$462||$28||$138||$1,968||$164|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$428||$912||$542||$32||$162||$2,076||$173|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$428||$912||$462||$28||$138||$1,968||$164|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$428||$912||$462||$28||$138||$1,968||$164|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$912||$462||$28||$138||$1,968||$164|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$470||$1030||$542||$32||$162||$2,236||$186|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Saab 9-3 insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Saab 9-3 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Saab 9-3 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Choosing Saab 9-3 insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saab 9-3 in Tulsa, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 9-3, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saab at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Tulsa is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Tulsa
Auto insurance companies do not list the entire discount list very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tulsa car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tulsa and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-3 car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Tulsa car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Tulsa. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Saab 9-3 insurance quotes in Tulsa, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Tulsa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Tulsa for you
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Tulsa that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my Saab 9-3 covered for smoke damage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Saab 9-3?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Affordable coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced insurance in Tulsa is attainable both online in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Saab 9-3 insurance in Tulsa
The most effective way to get low-cost Saab 9-3 insurance in Tulsa is to compare prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)