It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your intention, then understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Tulsa. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Getting cheaper Acura ILX insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is take time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tulsa car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on ILX insurance in Tulsa.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may have discounts that include resident student, eSmart discount, utility vehicle, defensive driver, farm vehicle, senior citizen, and premier plus.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Tulsa. To locate companies with discount rates in Oklahoma, click this link.
Choosing the best Acura vehicle insurance in Oklahoma is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Tulsa, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Acura ILX is totaled?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oklahoma?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tulsa who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tulsa?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long have they been in business?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Tulsa can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Randall Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
5840 S Memorial Dr #207 – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 664-8750 – View Map
- Jim Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
12802 E 31st St a – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 622-4777 – View Map
- Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Tulsa willing to provide price quote information.
- Rooney Insurance Agency, Inc.
4700 S Garnett Rd #200 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 582-0565 – View Map
- All American Insurance Agency
6145 E 21st St – Tulsa, OK 74114 – (918) 832-8823 – View Map
- A-Affordable Insurance
1635 S Harvard Ave – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 749-9500 – View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you can cancel your policy any time you want so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.