To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Tulsa.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper RL coverage is available in Tulsa. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tulsa is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RL insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your RL, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Acura RL coverage analysis
The coverage information below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Acura RL models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are formulated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$228||$468||$422||$24||$126||$1,268||$106|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$228||$468||$422||$24||$126||$1,268||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in your specific Tulsa location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Acura RL premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The information below compares Acura RL insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RL replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper Tulsa auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- E-sign – A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Resident Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tulsa and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheaper RL insurance.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Acura RL annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see companies with discount rates in Tulsa, click this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Tulsa car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Tulsa. The ranking data in the next section could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+