It’s amazing but most car insurance buyers in Oklahoma have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in the United States can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Mazda 5 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who provide auto insurance in Tulsa.
- Learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Companies offering low-cost Mazda 5 rates in Tulsa, OK
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Analysis of Mazda 5 rates
The premium table displayed below outlines estimates of policy rates for Mazda 5 models. Having insight into how rate quotes are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$212||$398||$430||$26||$128||$1,194||$100|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$242||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,312||$109|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$242||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,312||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change price quotes noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Mazda 5 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Tulsa car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can drive up Mazda 5 insurance prices for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Amount of liability protection – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers in Oklahoma have been known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cheaper car insurance rates with safer cars – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
A policy lapse can increase premiums – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Mazda 5 insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 5 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below compares Mazda 5 annual premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, multi-car, multi-policy, student away at school, home ownership, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, homeowners, 55 and older, teen driver, and air bags.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, and drive less.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Tulsa. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Tulsa, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Tulsa insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tulsa that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
If you’re trying to find a good Tulsa insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can impact the selection process.
These agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Ed Martinez Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
3125 S Yale Ave a – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-3131 – View Map
- Clarence Zitterkob – State Farm Insurance Agent
7820 E 101st St – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 369-2000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ron Henderson
8733 S Lewis Ave – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 291-7400 – View Map
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Tulsa who can help you get price quote information.
- Admiral Insurance Agency
6710 E Admiral Pl – Tulsa, OK 74115 – (918) 836-5551 – View Map
- GDK Insurance Agency, Inc.
3908 E 31st St – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-5861 – View Map
- Charles G. Harris Insurance
4724 S Union Ave – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 446-4421 – View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles. But remember, you are able to cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to the insurance policy for the full policy term.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
More affordable car insurance in Tulsa is available online in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Mazda 5 insurance premium rates online in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
As you quote Tulsa auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)