It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. People who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If saving the most money on Ford Explorer insurance in Tulsa is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Oklahoma. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a substandard credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Explorer coverage is available in Tulsa. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once received, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Get cheaper Ford Explorer insurance rates in Tulsa
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- No Claim Discounts - Tulsa drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Tulsa auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Memberships - Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- College Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Safe Driver Discount - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure multiple cars on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, distant student, and early shopping.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, driver's education, multiple policy, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. For a list of providers who offer cheap Ford Explorer insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Compare free Tulsa Ford Explorer insurance price quotes
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. All that's required is to invest a little time to get quotes to find the company with the cheapest Ford Explorer rate quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Tulsa, OK. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Oklahoma, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance analysis for a Ford Explorer
The price information shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford Explorer models. Knowing how rate quotes are determined can be of help when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$298||$470||$470||$28||$140||$1,406||$117|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$298||$470||$470||$28||$140||$1,406||$117|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$298||$470||$470||$28||$140||$1,406||$117|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$298||$470||$470||$28||$140||$1,406||$117|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$336||$572||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$336||$572||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$336||$572||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$336||$572||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$336||$572||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Tulsa location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Ford Explorer insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Ford Explorer insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Explorer premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Tulsa should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tulsa, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford Explorer but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision - This coverage covers damage to your Explorer resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Explorer to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability - Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, funeral expenses, medical services and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for hospital visits, nursing services and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Tulsa is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Tulsa auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below: