A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Oklahoma consumers could save an average of about 35% each year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Tulsa is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma.
First, read and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates like your driving record and your credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Shelby GT350 insurance. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
The goal of this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just have to use the fastest way to buy auto insurance online.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Urban residents pay more – Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft.
- Liability protection is critical – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Your job may affect premiums – Occupational choices like military generals, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as professors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Safer occupants lowers rates – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Tulsa
Some companies don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Tulsa car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, switch companies, multi-car, bundle discounts, and business and professional.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, good driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and safety device.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, military active duty, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has savings for senior citizen, new car, farm vehicle, premier plus, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, and eSmart discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Tulsa. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Tulsa, click here.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
When you buy Tulsa car insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Ford Shelby GT350 insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)