It’s shocking but a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Oklahoma could cut their rates by up to 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, use these techniques to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Comparing rates for the best policy in Tulsa is not as hard as you think. Smart shoppers just need to learn the proper way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
The best way to compare policy rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Tulsa is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if you require a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, if the car is leased, and whether you are married. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tulsa.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, OK, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Tulsa
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every policy discount very well, so the below list has both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tulsa and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have most of these discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in Tulsa. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Tulsa, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo V60 has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Tulsa.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Tulsa who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following are Tulsa insurers that are able to give comparison quotes for Volvo V60 insurance in Tulsa.
- Allstate Insurance: Mike De Marco
5800 S Lewis Ave Ste 149 – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 749-1300 – View Map
- Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
- State Farm: Anita Ewing –
10021 S Yale Ave #102 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-2100 – View Map
- Mark Fugett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 628-1900 – View Map
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?