Shockingly, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. The average driver in Tulsa could save as much as $550 each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to keep prices down and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Legacy insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best rates in Tulsa can be easy if you know a few tricks. Nearly every driver who is looking for cheaper auto insurance will most likely buy a cheaper policy. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Subaru Legacy insurance in Tulsa
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new Legacy can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Tulsa Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Subaru Legacy annual premium costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, ease of repair, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, distant student, early shopping, teen driver, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, driver’s education, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may offer discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, anti-theft, new car, farm vehicle, early signing, and eSmart discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Tulsa. For a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Subaru Legacy insurance in Tulsa is to understand auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details such as how old drivers are, how much coverage you want, your occupation, and which vehicles you own. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company cheaper Subaru Legacy insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, OK, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate table shown below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Subaru Legacy models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$270||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$270||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Legacy 3.6R Premium||$296||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,182||$99|
|Legacy 2.5I Limited||$296||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,182||$99|
|Legacy 2.5GT Premium||$296||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Legacy 3.6R Limited||$296||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$296||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$296||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$296||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Tulsa location which can revise prices noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Legacy annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Legacy claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Smart Consumers Save More
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Your address can impact rates – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Subaru Legacy insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performances.
Bundle home and auto and save – Most major insurers will give lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Subaru Legacy insurance loss data – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Subaru Legacy vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Legacy 4WD||74||64||115||83||80||76|
|Subaru Legacy with Eyesight 4WD||71||52||122||71|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Tulsa car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Tulsa who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
When looking for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Tulsa are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – John Neuschwander
6016 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 576-6180 – View Map
- Cathy Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
6119 E 91st St Ste 100 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 481-6655 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Teresa Sotelo
3309 S Yale Ave – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 627-3855 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
- All American Insurance Agency
6145 E 21st St – Tulsa, OK 74114 – (918) 832-8823 – View Map
- Best Insurance
1825 S Garnett Rd – Tulsa, OK 74128 – (918) 234-0022 – View Map
- Cheapest Auto Insurance
2646 E 15th St – Tulsa, OK 74104 – (918) 744-5145 – View Map
Once you have good responses to these questions and the cheapest Subaru Legacy insurance in Tulsa quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
Protect more than your Subaru Legacy
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Legacy in Tulsa, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Legacy with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Subaru Legacy and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
How to find a good Tulsa car insurance company
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Tulsa. The rank data below can help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last thing to lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how to shop for Subaru Legacy insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tulsa auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Some car insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Subaru Legacy insurance in Tulsa is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)