High-priced Suzuki SX4 insurance in Tulsa can empty your accounts and force you to make sacrifices. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. American drivers could save themselves as much as 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Suzuki SX4 in Tulsa, it can be hard to pick the most cost effective company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Tulsa is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage, you should be able to cut your premiums using these tips. But Oklahoma car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Cheapest Suzuki insurance price quotes in Tulsa
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Oklahoma, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Suzuki SX4 insurance statistics and information
The rate information shown next outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Understanding how prices are calculated can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$266||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,410||$118|
|SX4 Sport SE||$266||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,410||$118|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$266||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,322||$110|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$266||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,322||$110|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$266||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,322||$110|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$266||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,410||$118|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$302||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,358||$113|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$302||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,358||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Suzuki SX4 premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can influence Suzuki SX4 yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Suzuki SX4 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Suzuki SX4 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki SX4 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some insurers don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current SX4 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Suzuki may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below shows the difference between Suzuki SX4 insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, good student, switch companies, multi-car, bundle discounts, and business and professional.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, student away at school, multiple vehicles, mature driver, safe driver, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-policy, and safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your state. To find auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tulsa, follow this link.
Suzuki SX4 Insurance Prices Can Be More Affordable
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Get better rates if married – Being married can get you a discount when buying insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Tulsa auto insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tulsa who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Tulsa are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Tulsa exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Tulsa independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Suzuki SX4 insurance rates online in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best rates are with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
How to find more affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance in Tulsa
The easiest way to save on auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies in Tulsa. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Oklahoma is located on the following sites:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)