It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare price quotes are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved about $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for Toyota Yaris insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma.
First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Locating the best rates in Tulsa can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Vehicle owners just have to know the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
Low Cost companies for Toyota Yaris insurance in Oklahoma
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Toyota Yaris insurance statistics and information
The information displayed next highlights different coverage costs for Toyota Yaris models. Understanding more about how policy premiums are calculated can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$272||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,780||$148|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$272||$580||$606||$36||$182||$1,676||$140|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$580||$606||$36||$182||$1,676||$140|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$312||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,820||$152|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$312||$580||$606||$36||$182||$1,716||$143|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$580||$606||$36||$182||$1,716||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premium rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Toyota Yaris insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Toyota Yaris auto insurance rates for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Yaris liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Yaris car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Yaris settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Tulsa insurance discounts for a Toyota Yaris
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Yaris can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below compares Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for accident-free, type of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, multi-policy, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, multi-car, good student, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may offer discounts for eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, good student, senior citizen, economy car, farm vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
When getting free Tulsa auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tulsa, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Save More
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Small claims can cost you – Companies in Oklahoma award lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
High performance equals high premiums – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart assumes a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Toyota Yaris insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce car insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Higher prices for tough occupations – Jobs like lawyers, executives, and stock brokers usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Toyota Yaris claim statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Yaris vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Yaris Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Yaris 94 88 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact an insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Tulsa that provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Tulsa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Tulsa who can help you get price quote information.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to all your questions and affordable Toyota Yaris insurance rates in Tulsa quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Find cheaper auto insurance rates by comparing often
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Toyota Yaris insurance in Tulsa is available online in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles: