Would you like to buy more competitive auto insurance rates in Tulsa, OK? Tulsa consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Dodge Journey insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a Dodge and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Tulsa insurance agents.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. In order to find cheap car insurance in OK, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of Dodge Journey rates
The rate table below highlights estimates of policy rates for Dodge Journey models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$194||$278||$462||$28||$138||$1,100||$92|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$194||$338||$462||$28||$138||$1,160||$97|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$220||$338||$462||$28||$138||$1,186||$99|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$220||$338||$462||$28||$138||$1,186||$99|
|Journey SXT AWD||$220||$338||$462||$28||$138||$1,186||$99|
|Journey R/T AWD||$220||$398||$462||$28||$138||$1,246||$104|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$220||$398||$462||$28||$138||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Dodge Journey insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need Dodge Journey insurance in Oklahoma
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Tulsa, insurance is required in Oklahoma but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Journey, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Components of Your Dodge Journey Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
The type of car you drive affects your costs – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Journey policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Know your credit score – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Journey by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Dodge Journey – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Dodge Journey Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re earning every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Tulsa can save you money since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Tulsa car insurance with certain companies.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Journey insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local Tulsa insurance agency
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Tulsa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Tulsa insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that can give you rate quotes.
- George Hazlett – State Farm Insurance Agent
6043 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 496-0513 – View Map
- Kelly Bell – State Farm Insurance Agent
10030 S Mingo Rd b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 459-0456 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David D’Arcangelo
4502 E 51st St – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 858-5000 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below are Tulsa independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Admiral Insurance Agency
6710 E Admiral Pl – Tulsa, OK 74115 – (918) 836-5551 – View Map
- A-Affordable Insurance
1635 S Harvard Ave – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 749-9500 – View Map
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 664-7100 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Low-cost Dodge Journey insurance in Tulsa is attainable on the web and with local Tulsa insurance agents, so you need to shop Tulsa car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Dodge Journey insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Journey rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
How to find low-cost rates for Dodge Journey insurance in Tulsa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost Dodge Journey insurance in Tulsa is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Oklahoma.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)