Sad but true, almost 70% of insureds in Oklahoma have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save about 46.5% each year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Tulsa.
- Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Tulsa is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Getting cheaper car insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Tulsa auto insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Comparing Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained advice that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance is not optional in Oklahoma
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Tulsa, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance statistics for a Dodge Ram 2500
The table shown below showcases a range of coverage costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are formulated is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$312||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,784||$149|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,880||$157|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,880||$157|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,880||$157|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$312||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,880||$157|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,880||$157|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,916||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,916||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$348||$832||$614||$36||$184||$2,014||$168|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$348||$832||$614||$36||$184||$2,014||$168|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$638||$614||$36||$184||$1,820||$152|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$382||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,950||$163|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$382||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,950||$163|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$382||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,950||$163|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$382||$734||$614||$36||$184||$1,950||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Tulsa location which can modify prices considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Tulsa
Auto insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Tulsa auto insurance quotes online.
- E-sign – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Tulsa auto insurance on the web.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Tulsa insurance agents
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Tulsa.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tulsa that can provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Tulsa may be either independent or exclusive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get competitive price quotes.
Sawyer-Phillips and Associates, Inc.
6666 S Sheridan Rd #220 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 794-4000 – View Map
4100 E 51st St #105 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-2886 – View Map
Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 744-4440 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Tulsa that can give you price quote information.
Dustin Bass – State Farm Insurance Agent
8222 S Lewis Ave – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 518-6700 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Todd Williams
3315 S Yale Ave Ste 200 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-2784 – View Map
Velta Augusta – State Farm Insurance Agent
8929 S Memorial Dr #190 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 254-1959 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Ram 2500 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Ram 2500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram 2500.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like surgery, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, loss of income, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Quote more and you will save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)