Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Tulsa.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on GTO insurance. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Tulsa is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Pontiac GTO insurance in Tulsa is to know most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide information like whether you are single or married, whether you have decent credit, driver ages, and types of safety features. The data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return quotes very quickly.
To find lower affordable Pontiac GTO insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Tulsa.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Oklahoma. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Oklahoma
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac GTO has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Accident Free – Tulsa drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tulsa car insurance quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Paper-free Discount – Many auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, good student, 55 and older, teen driver, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and good driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, newly married, teen driver discount, multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Tulsa. If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Oklahoma auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Oklahoma. The ranking data below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance