Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
- Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop rates annually are very likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Tulsa is the reason you're reading this, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
Smart Consumers Save More
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Gender and insurance prices - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Premiums increase with driving tickets - Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can raise Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get married and pay lower premiums - Getting married actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Your age impacts your prices - More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
What are your physical damage deductibles? - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Volkswagen Jetta claim statistics - Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid||128||121||114||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Facts and figures for Volkswagen Jetta insurance
The rate information shown next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Learning how auto insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,322||$110|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$266||$484||$358||$22||$108||$1,238||$103|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$484||$422||$24||$126||$1,322||$110|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,446||$121|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$302||$572||$358||$22||$108||$1,362||$114|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,446||$121|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$572||$422||$24||$126||$1,446||$121|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$302||$572||$358||$22||$108||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease prices substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can change Volkswagen Jetta premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Jetta claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Tulsa
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tulsa auto insurance quote.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you are trying to find cheaper Tulsa auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state.
Lower rates by being persistent
When getting Tulsa auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Volkswagen Jetta insurance premium rates in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Tulsa auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)