It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are inclined to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that drivers who shopped around saved about $865 annually compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy City Express insurance in Tulsa is your objective, then learning about how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to find more affordable Chevy City Express insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Tulsa. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper City Express coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Tulsa is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the quickest way to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
Companies offering Chevy City Express insurance in Tulsa
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy City Express insurance rate analysis
The rate information shown below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Chevy City Express models. Being more informed about how car insurance prices are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$292||$470||$458||$28||$136||$1,384||$115|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$292||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,486||$124|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$336||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$336||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$336||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$336||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$380||$674||$458||$28||$136||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy City Express insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy City Express insurance in Tulsa
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, student away at school, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, anti-theft, business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, pay in full, teen driver, distant student, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, anti-theft, defensive driver, safety device, and multi-car.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good driver, age of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tulsa. For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Tulsa, click here to view.
Local Tulsa insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Tulsa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Tulsa that give free quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want local Tulsa agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Tulsa should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will service your policy. Just understand that consumers can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the full policy term.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your City Express from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your City Express to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance – This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and vandalism. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When you buy Tulsa car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy City Express insurance in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-friendly insurance in Tulsa is possible both online and with local Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)