The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Tulsa is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on TrailBlazer insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of Oklahoma drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tulsa is to realize auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including your education level, if it has an anti-theft system, driver details, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Tulsa.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. To locate cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing TrailBlazer insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Save with these seven discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tulsa auto insurance quote compared to bad drivers.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Auto insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tulsa, click here.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Tulsa.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Tulsa who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Tulsa may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Tulsa independent insurance agents that may be able to provide price quotes.
- A-1 Insurance
4100 E 51st St #105 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-2886 – View Map
- Mclemore Insurance Inc
6965 S 69th E Ave – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 743-9868 – View Map
- Charles G. Harris Insurance
4724 S Union Ave – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 446-4421 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get rate quotes.
- Daniel Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
6770 S Sheridan Rd STE A – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 994-5400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David D’Arcangelo
4502 E 51st St – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 858-5000 – View Map
- Mark Fugett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 628-1900 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tulsa?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are they compensated?
- Will they give you a referral list?
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, ambulance fees, EMT expenses, pain medications and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, bail bonds, emergency aid, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your TrailBlazer resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your TrailBlazer to save money on collision insurance.
More effort can pay off
You just learned many tips how you can reduce Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates online in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tulsa auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Some car insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tulsa is possible on the web and with local Tulsa insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)