It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually will most likely switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved over $860 a year compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Tulsa is your goal, then having an understanding of how to find and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to save money on auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Oklahoma.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Tulsa, OK. To buy cheap auto insurance in OK, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance statistics for a Mazda CX-7
The price information displayed below covers different rate quotes for Mazda CX-7 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are figured can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$270||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$306||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,386||$116|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$306||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,386||$116|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$306||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,474||$123|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$340||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,508||$126|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$340||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,508||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter price quotes greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can increase Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Mazda CX-7 insurance
The chart below compares Mazda CX-7 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insuring your Mazda CX-7 just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda CX-7 in Tulsa, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mazda CX-7 has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your CX-7 outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Tulsa Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- How do annual miles impact premiums? – The higher the miles on your Mazda annually the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated CX-7 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Mazda CX-7 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- High deductibles equal low rates – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Costs are affected by your address – Being located in less populated areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Higher rates for high stress jobs – Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Discount Tulsa auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Organization Discounts – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Tulsa auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and bundle.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Tulsa, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Tulsa insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Tulsa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Tulsa who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Tulsa can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that may be able to give price quote information.
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 664-7100 – View Map
- Scott Mccoy Insurance Agency, Inc.
7030 S Yale Ave Suite #109 – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 894-5551 – View Map
- Mclemore Insurance Inc
6965 S 69th E Ave – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 743-9868 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you comparison quotes.
- Bobby Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7992 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 935-2000 – View Map
- Kelly Bell – State Farm Insurance Agent
10030 S Mingo Rd b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 459-0456 – View Map
- Dustin Bass – State Farm Insurance Agent
8222 S Lewis Ave – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 518-6700 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tulsa?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tulsa?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
Low-cost Mazda CX-7 insurance in Tulsa is available on the web in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
More information is located at the links below
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)