Really, the only way to get budget car insurance prices in Tulsa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides tips to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper coverage is available in Tulsa. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you'll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Tulsa is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
How much does auto insurance in Tulsa, Oklahoma cost?
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in OK, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,386||$693||$116|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,564||$782||$130|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise coverage rates noticeably.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $865 each year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheap insurance with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Online Discount - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.